Februaryhas been quite a month for SNApps4Kids.com! I am posting the March Newsletter a few days early.
- We upgraded to a new server. We already out grew our first hosting system and have now moved to a bigger server. Some of you may have noticed a few hiccups. We think we have most everything sorted out. If you are having any issues or notice anything unusual let me know.
- StartingFebruarywe had about 250 apps identified to be added to the website. We created a new layout style and template system to make the process mucheasier.
- We are adding two major lists of apps:
- A Spectrum of Apps for Students on the Autism Spectrum from OCALI – Ohio Department of Educationhttp://www.ocali.org/
- iPhone, iPad and iPod touch Apps for (Special) Education from the National Association for Child Development. www.nacd.org
- We are hard at work on a more expanded review system. You may have noticed 2 main categories of apps:
- More to come.
Here is what’s new:
- Add 36 new apps inFebruary
- New Links Added: Please Visit their sites.
- Special Needs Library Helping parents of special needs children locateappropriateresources
- I will be adding NACD and OCALI when we post up their lists.
- Applications list now have a new table format and as we add apps we are going back and linking them into the tables to make it easier to jump from a list to the app review directly.
- Site Usage So Far:
- 2,041 people have come to the site 3,252 times
- 13,084 page were served to2,041 people
- 2,041people stayed an average of4 Minutesper visit
- 442 people have watched our videos
- 79 people are registered members
- 77 Fans
- 6,767 view of SNApps4Kids posts (we re-post every post to our Facebook Page)
- 14 Twitter Followers
NEXT Meeting:March 2, 2011, 6:30 PM,First Presbyterian Church of Houston, 5300 Main Street, Houston, TX