Interested in having BridgingApps provide training or speak to your group?
Make the most of your in-service training to leverage the power of mobile devices (including iPads and Android tablets) for students of all abilities. Whether you are a general education or special education teacher or paraprofessional, differentiating curriculum for students can be challenging. BridgingApps can assist you in selecting and using appropriate apps for your students whether you are a one-to-one district or a one-iPad classroom teacher.
Lunch & Learn Series
Our Lunch & Learn series is a FREE interactive 30 minute meeting that takes place via Microsoft Teams meetings two days per month. During this relaxed, 30 minute chat we cover a variety of apps and built-in phone features that you can start using right away. Topics covered are based on questions that we are often asked regarding settings for phones and tablets, as well as apps related to current awareness days, upcoming holidays or celebrations, yearly occurrences such as summer vacation or spring break, and from our participants’ requests. Visit our Lunch & Learn Series page to see past topics, upcoming topics, and learn how to join.
BridgingApps AT Lab staff can provide informational or in-depth training sessions for your staff to learn more about adapted toys and switches, specialized software and computer equipment, communication devices, and mobile devices and apps. Let us work with your group to develop and deliver a presentation or training session that meets your groups needs. Contact us for more information.
Take a look at some of our recent presentations:
- Digital House Calls Course Learn about options for preparing and protecting mobile devices by selecting appropriate accessories for a user with special needs, August 2021
- Apps for Enhancing Independence of Individuals with Developmental Disabilities, TechSummit 2021- Ohio State University Nisonger Center, July 2021
- Inclusive Tech: Apps for the Classroom, Region 6 Special Education Summer Series, Region 6 ESC, July 2021
- Redefining Inclusion: It’s Never Too Late to Learn How Technology Can Include Everyone, Lotus Network, March 2021
- Apps for Life, Futures Explored, Sacramento, California, March 2021
- TexasYouth2Adult Transition Website, Crockett-Palestine Resource Centers for Independent Living Transition Conference, November 2020
- Inclusive Tech: Apps for Life, TEC Webinar Series, October 2020
- Transition Fair with Texas Children’s Hospital (TCH) Employees, September 2020
- Empowering Employees to Navigate School & Childcare During COVID-19, TEAMS U.S. employees, August 2020
- Using Technology to Transform Transition, Region I Service Center, Texas, August 2020
- Addressing Social Isolation with Technology, Consumer Technology Association Foundation, April 2020
- Apps for People who are Blind or Visually Impaired, American Council for the Blind Texas (ACBT), March 2020
- Decoding the Wide World of Enabling Apps, Disability Cocoon, Virtual, March 2020
- End User Solutions Demo Tank: Cognitive, M-Enabling Summit, Washington D.C., June, 2019
- Storytelling Apps and BridgingApps Toolbox, Texas Computer Education Association Conference, February, 2019
- TechTalk: Using Apps to Transform Transition, Family to Family Conference, Houston, TX, January, 2019
- Mobile Tech for All Abilities: Exploring Single Purpose Apps as Cognitive Support, Coleman Institute for Cognitive Disabilities Conference, October, 2018
- Let’s Talk: Caregiver to Caregiver – Using Technology to Help with Caregiving Responsibilities, Baylor CHI St. Luke’s Hospital, Houston, Texas, May 2018
- Apps for Independence, Sherlock Center on Disabilities, Providence, Rhode Island, March, 2018
- Apps for Emergency Planning and Disaster Preparedness, Tulane University Disaster Resilience Leadership Academy, New Orleans, LA, February, 2018
- Do You Have the Right App for That?, American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Denver, CO, October 13, 2017
- M-Enabling Summit – Washington, DC, June 13, 2017
- Augmentative and Alternative Communication & BridgingApps Overview, St. George’s Hospital therapist training, Kogarah, Australia, February 14, 2017
- Dyslexia Summit, Harris County Department of Education, January 10, 2017
We are always willing to provide a brief overview of BridgingApps, our history, and demonstrate the use of our website complimentary (+ expenses).
BridgingApps Overview Presentation: Free + expenses
Custom Training or Presentations: Start at $150/hour + expenses