Lots of new things on the site.
- New Home Page:Added a new home static home page with 4 main section, Getting started, Getting Involved, Hardware, Applications. This should make getting started with site much easier.
- New Look: I finally found a template that allowed me to have complete control over the site layout so now the site has a new look that is much easier on the eyes.
- iPad setup Videos: I completed a series of 6 videos that are step by step instructions for anyone trying to setup an iPad. The videos are here and on YouTube.Anumber of kids are getting iPads for the holidays so if you know of anyone whoneeds help setting up their iPads send themto this page.They include:
- Unboxing the iPad
- iPad Introduction
- Installing a screen protector
- Registering the iPad with Apple
- Setting up Wi-Fi on the iPad
- Ordering your first application directly on the iPad
- Added an consolidated Applications List: Added a page that consolidates all of the applications that help liked and have sent me. Thank you Tina for the list you provided after the December meeting
- Add Application Reviews: Started the process of adding a page of informationforeach app on our list that includes a description, price and a Review Box. TheReview Boxis design for each of us to review the apps based on6 categories (i can always add more so let me know if you want another category added.) The categories are; Communication, Fine Motor, Language, Cognitive, Social Play and Fun. If you through and rate the apps you have used, it will be helpful for other people to understand how your kids use the apps.I have about 5 apps done but will have more put up during the holidays.
- Added Contact Form:I added a contact for help, to submit new apps etc.
- New Links Added: I added more important links to the site.
- Alternative Financing Technical Assistance Project
- Assistive Technology Industry Association
- RJ Cooper
- Site Usage December 2010:
- 188 people have come to the site
- 1242 page were served to 188 people
- per person stayed an average of 7 Minutes per visit (this is a great number)
- 77 People have already watched the videos
- 15people are registered members
- What coming:
We are Changing our the site Name to Special Needs Apps for Kids (http://staging.bridgingapps.org) and getting new graphics. IpadforParents.com will continue to work so you don’t have to do any thing new.Comments Welcome.
- I want to create a Facebook page and Twitter account to get the word out.
NEXT Meeting: January 12, 2011, 6:30 PM,First Presbyterian Church of Houston, 5300 Main Street, Houston, TX
End Notes:If there is any ideas you have or would like to see, let me know. I have already heard a lot about adding more to the Proloquo2Go section so we are looking for volenteers to help put Proloquo2Go content together.
Have a happy Holiday and i look forward to our next meeting.