Interested in having BridgingApps provide training or speak to your group?
Make the most of your in-service training to leverage the power of mobile devices (including iPads and Android tablets) for students of all abilities. Whether you are a general education or special education teacher or paraprofessional, differentiating curriculum for students can be challenging. BridgingApps can assist you in selecting and using appropriate apps for your students whether you are a one-to-one district or a one-iPad classroom teacher.
We invite you to join our new FREE course, Getting Started with Mobile Devices for Special Needs: Accessories & Safety. Learn about options for preparing and protecting mobile devices by selecting appropriate accessories for a user with special needs. We have created this course for parents, caregivers, teachers, therapists or anyone who needs access to information to assist with setting up a mobile device for success. Our goal is to help you find solutions to address your unique situation.
This training includes 2 hours of demonstrating apps for pre-K, elementary, middle school and high school. A variety of apps including visual schedules, graphic organizers, reading support, writing apps, communication apps, choice boards and more will be demonstrated. Tips and tricks for linking apps to TEKS and Common Core Curriculum will be addressed.
This training includes 1 hour of in-depth demonstration of the BridgingApps Website and App Search Tool. Participants will come away with understanding how to leverage the power of the BridgingApps Search Tool, how to search app lists, create, make notes in and share app lists. Includes 2 hour of apps demonstration combined with accessibility features, useful accessories and ideas to assist learners of all abilities. Tips and tricks for linking apps to IEPs, TEKS and Common Core Curriculum will be addressed.
Let us work with your group to develop and deliver a presentation or training session that meets your groups needs. Contact us for more information.
Take a look at some of our recent engagements:
- Do You Have the Right App for That?, American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Denver, CO, October 13, 2017
- Texas Parent 2 Parent Statewide Conference, Everyone Needs a Voice & Apps for Independence, June 16-17, 2017
- M-Enabling Summit – Washington, DC, June 13, 2017
- Augmentative and Alternative Communication & BridgingApps Overview, St. George’s Hospital therapist training, Kogarah, Australia, February 14, 2017
- Dyslexia Summit, Harris County Department of Education, January 10, 2017
- Therapeutic Recreational Association Conference, Cedar Rapids, IA, April 2016
- SXSWedu, Austin, TX 2016 – We Need to Talk: Building Inclusive Communities
- SXSWInteractive, Austin, TX 2016 – Apps and Better Medical Outcomes: Real Solutions
- ANCOR & AAIDD Technology Summit, Denver, CO, October 2015
- Myotonic Dystrophy Association National Conference, Washington, DC, September 2015
- Texas Assistive Technology Network Conference, Houston, TX June 2015
- Apple Education: Special Education and Accessibility Features Region 4 ESC, Houston, TX 2015
- SXSWInteractive, Austin, TX 2015 – Modern Swiss Army Knife: Apps for Independence
- SXSWedu, Austin, TX 2015 – Inclusive AppRoom: Viewing Apps through Disability
- Avondale House, Houston, TX October 2014
- M-Enabling Summit, Washington, D.C., June 2014
- Texas Parent2Parent Conference, San Marcos, TX June 2014
- iPadpalooza, Austin, TX, June 18, 2014
- SXSW Interactive, Austin, TX 2014 – Autism APPtitude: Using Apps to Target Skills
- SXSWedu, Austin, TX 2014 – Autism APPtitude: Using Apps to Target Skills
- Theatre Under the Stars (TUTS), Houston, TX February 2014
- Down Syndrome Guild, Dallas, TX 2013
- Texas Computer Education Association Conference, Austin, TX 2013 & 2014
- Easter Seals Crossroads, Indianapolis, IN 2013
- SXSW Interactive, Austin, TX 2013
- Council for Exceptional Children, San Antonio, TX 2013
- Cimarron Municipal School District, Cimarron, NM 2013
- International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE), San Antonio, TX 2013 – The iPad and Inclusion: How, When, and Why
- Texas Assistive Technology Network (TATN), Houston, TX 2013 – App Search and List Tools for Special Needs
- Tots and Technology Summer Conference, Galveston, TX 2013 – Tips and Tricks For Managing Your iPad and Using an iPad with Young Children To Enhance Creativity
We are always willing to provide an overview of BridgingApps, our history, and demonstrate the use of our website complimentary (+ expenses).
BridgingApps Overview Presentation: Free + expenses
Custom Training or Presentations: Start at $150/hour + expenses
Please contact us for additional details.